Monday, June 2, 2014

Although I am already in Ahmedabad, I wrote something down on the plane ride to India:

Date 05/28/14
Location: Somewhere over the Atlantic  Ocean,

  My biggest worry would probably be disrespecting the people and/or culture, even unintentionally. My primary objective is to learn, in every sense of the word. Yet, this is easier said than done. To put my expectations of learning as primary creates a hierarchy of priority, which is what I fear. I do not want to prioritize my feelings over the feelings of others, as such I want to holistic take everything in. Even so, I cannot express how excited I am to actually experience living in India.

As part of my project I will be working with a local NGO called YUVA Unstopppable that strives to involve the youth in socio economic matters especially pertaining to children. As of right now, I am not too sure of what I will be doing. Other than my title-Operations Associate-I have no expectations of what working at a local NGO will bring.  

1 comment: