Thursday, July 24, 2014

Curriculums,Data, and Reflections

I think it is safe to say that I have been busy with various projects at Yuva. Our biggest endeavor has been to formulate and plan a curriculum for the municipal children. This curriculum will go on to be taught by the Yuva volunteers every Saturday for approximately one year. I worked with a team of three other people, and least to say that this task ate up all of our time. The curriculum is already being taught at many municipal schools around Ahmedabad. And our next benchmark testing-for effectiveness-isn't until next year. So far it has been smooth sailing, and I can't wait to hear about the results next year.

On top of this project i've been also working on my research question, which I will be quietly ironing out the data over the next few weeks. Everyone here has been such great help. I've definitely had some bumps on the road with the research question, but I have a lot of material to work with. I'm excited to get started on that as well. 

I've been so busy with work within the organization that I feel that time has literally flown by, I can't believe that these are my last few weeks in India! 

1 comment:

  1. You seem to have a lot on your plate!! I'm glad to hear that you're re-evaluating your research question (these things happen) and I'll look forward learning more about the new one when you have it ready!

    ReplyDelete